Roofing is something every homeowner has to deal with at some point, but it is also probably the area of the home with which they are the least familiar.
While some may try to address their roofing challenges on their own, the best and safest way is to hire a proven professional that can handle the task properly the first time around. Here are a few tips on hiring a professional roofing contractor or superior roofing company.
1. While every new business owner needs a chance to succeed, roofing is a business where people are much better off going with an established business. A proven track record will give the customer some confidence and provide plenty of references to check. Do not do business with any contractor that cannot prove they can handle the job right the first time around.
2. In addition to asking for references, do some research on the company to make sure they are truly legitimate. If they are not registered with the Better Business Bureau, there should still be a report on them listing any customer complaints. Check sites like Angie's List that offer unbiased consumer reviews for services such as this.
3. The company should be licensed and insured. A reputable business will have no problem providing you with this documentation. In fact, they should be expecting it when they come around to give an estimate and already have copies of their documentation for you to examine.
4. A guarantee should be offered by the company. The terms of the guarantee will differ based on the services being secured, but the terms should be in line with what other companies in the area are offering.
5. Customer service will play an important role in this transaction. Make sure that there is not only an open line of communication but also that the contractor is speaking in clear terms and not trying to fool you with industry jargon. If they cannot clearly explain what they are talking about, you will have no idea what you are actually buying.